I thought I better post lessons that went really well and that the students loved. This is one. There were so many opportunities to learn and review other concepts that it was like a learning snowball.
- Discuss the events of the weekend or break.
- Watch Adjective Video from School House Rocks.
- Relate video to how they used adjectives to describe their weekend. (Activating prior knowledge and linking to information each student knows)
- Hunt for adjectives in the video (we added words that we thought should have been in there)
What we learned: An Adjective describes a NOUN...and what is a noun? Person Place Thing Idea
- Have students use adjectives to describe the classroom. Post a note on something new or add to an existing post it with your own adjective. This is NOT a spelling activity...we are learning adjectives.
I have to agree with the adjective "slow" when it comes to my student computers. LOL
- Write down adjectives that describe yourself. Use one word descriptors!
- Pick 5 that describe you best and write 1 each on a color strip. Write your name in the cloud.
- Have each student number a blank piece of paper to write down their guesses.
- Read the adjectives and have them guess who it is.
- Discuss which adjectives gave students away and how some adjectives are better descriptors.
- Pick a very simple shape that is a noun. We brainstormed house, star, tree, flower, alien, football, hair, stick person, heart, butterfly, moon, and Pokeman.
- We talked about ways to describe these items using adjectives
- Have students create their chalk drawing
- Have students go around and add adjectives to the drawings
|This photo slideshow made with Smilebox|